Sunday 15 June 2014

NOTD: OPI "Green on the Runway"


So here is the highly anticipated green from the OPI Coca Cola collaboration! :) An acquaintance got the mini set so I managed to blag the green for myself! I love this so will likely need to purchase a full size bottle once they become more available. Looks almost like heavy velvet drapes?! It is supposed to be inspired by Sprite fizzy juice!

I thought this might be similar to China Glaze "Gussied-Up Green". It's not - I think it might even be a richer, nicer green?? Perhaps a quick look side by side...

OPI "Green On The Runway"

China Glaze "Gussied-Up Green"
Hmmm. I think the China Glaze is slightly cooler toned whereas the OPI has a golden glowy undertone. If you are a green afficionado like me, might as well have both shades! This is 2 coats and a slick of Sally Hansen MegaShine top coat. The coverage is good on this polish and not too brush-strokey. But I always have some issues with the tiny bottle top and brush on the OPI minis so I'm afraid it's a bit messy.

I apologise for the scrappy cuticles... You know I said I would put on the Sally Hansen Cuticle Rehab 3 times a day for 7 days to review? Never happened :( I was was so busy at work rummaging round paper files for a week so they are still in a sorry state. I will better myself and try again this week!

2 comments:

Cali369 said...

Not much like Sprite is it?! But a lovely, rich green...

Lina-Elvira said...

Yes I think something that looked more like Maybelline "Electric Apple" would be more 'Sprite' like? But it is awesome green! :)